Friday, October 19, 2012

Aaaand...we're back!

Well! I'm back in world after a good break. I finished my ethnography - it went really well. I also graduated college, so I have been romping about the country IRL.

Anyway! On my first day back in I decided to check out some of the suggested destinations on the SL destination guide. I really loved the one from the photos below - MetaLES "Tim's Dreams".

It was beautifully designed, I loved the sounds and music - it accompanied the imagery so well.

This snapshot is from the teleport point. I thought the water contrasted the dark stone beautifully.


I took this one with the first creature I ran into...this one points you onward in your quest to explore the sim.


 I got a little silly with it.


 This was beautiful. The music and the snow falling were wonderful touches.


This was one of the most beautiful scenes in the sim for me. The stars were hanging from patchwork balloons and their reflections hit the water so perfectly...


So I sat for a while and enjoyed the view.


Another silly picture, with a neat scene.


Bouncing windows! There were these two bouncing windows are you approached the stars hanging from patchwork balloons. They were cute ^^


Otherwise I was a little exasperated as I explored, hopping from sim to sim, only to see silence every where I went...I was wondering if they must be speaking privately in IMs or if everyone just stands around in a virtual world to be alone and ... bored. I mean...I know they can't be bored, otherwise why would they log in at all?

Maybe I just haven't found my niche yet.

I am looking into maybe teaching a couple of ESL/EFL classes at a place called "Drive-Through ESL". We will see how that goes!

I am hoping it will be an opportunity to get some experience teaching as well as to earn a few extra lindens.

Until next time!

Moda

No comments:

Post a Comment